Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

April 2021 Retake

jabarrineaujabarrineau Member
edited April 2021 in April 2021 LSAT 72 karma

Because of the complaint that I filed about interruptions by my proctor LSAC has offered a retake on 22 April. I don't feel supremely confident that the test will be my goal score 160+, but I am confident it will be better than my last which was a 151 in January (bad test day).

Has anyone done a retake? Any advice?

Thanks!

Comments

• 96 karma

Due to my ProctorU complaint, I've been offered the 4/22 retake as well. I can't offer much knowledge, as I've never done a retake but it's my understanding it would be a completely different test. If you've been PT-ing above 151 and felt April's Flex was definitely below that (hard to know, right?), it's likely worth it!
    I feel a bit traumatized from how Tuesday's exam was proctored so I'm working through whether or not I can clear my head and refocus by next Thursday.

• 108 karma

just curious, how was your proctor experience?

• 123anami123anami Member
    388 karma

^ yes - i'd like to know as well what your experience was like

• BigJay20BigJay20 Member
    438 karma

Wait, I gotta worry about a proctor too? Can you guys please share your proctor experience?

• Jordan JohnsonJordan Johnson Member
    686 karma

@BigJay20 Sure.

I took the test last Sunday and everything went smoothly with ProctorU. They did ask me to rotate my desk to show the doorway to my bedroom -- to ensure that nobody walks in or out during the exam -- and I complied. One of my Study Buddies @T14SteelBeam (who took the test last Saturday) said that he told them he couldn't rotate his desk. As far as I know, both of our tests will be considered valid.

I think an important thing to remember is that people generally post about negative experiences, but not positive ones.

For instance, I haven't made a post about my technical difficulties with the LSAT Writing Portion on Friday because I followed the steps given for such an issue. If it turns out that I have to redo it, I'll probably make a post to vent about it. Otherwise, it'll be out of my mind for the foreseeable future.

Hope that makes sense, and eases your concerns a bit.