Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading Comp Strategy

brindelrcbrindelrc Core Member

Has anyone done the strategy of reading through a passage once without highlighting, and reading through a second time and highlighting to hopefully be more specific with what you highlight? It has worked for me, but I keep finding that it takes me 4:30-5:00 to get through the passage.

Comments

• WoodsCommaElleWoodsCommaElle Live Member
    399 karma

Hey @brindelrc , that's an interesting strategy - I've never tried it myself though. For me, I usually highlight as I go so that I can easily navigate the passage if I need to come back to it in the questions. Do you feel like your strategy helps you substantially with accuracy, and are you able to (comfortably) finish the section under timed conditions? If so, I don't see why it'd be such a bad thing to invest the time up front like we would in LG :)

• yang9999yang9999 Core Member
    419 karma

@WoodsCommaElle said:
    Hey @brindelrc , that's an interesting strategy - I've never tried it myself though. For me, I usually highlight as I go so that I can easily navigate the passage if I need to come back to it in the questions. Do you feel like your strategy helps you substantially with accuracy, and are you able to (comfortably) finish the section under timed conditions? If so, I don't see why it'd be such a bad thing to invest the time up front like we would in LG :)

yeah I feel like this is highly situational -- probably not a bad time to invest the time up front, but potentially risky with time management strategy if you end up reading more than once and still get nothing. I also highlight as I go!