Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to begin taking practice exams

NoobMaster69NoobMaster69 Member
in General 25 karma

I plan on taking the LSAT for my second time in August, and am about 1/4 through the core curriculum, and am wondering when I should start drilling on practice tests.
Should I take practice tests, then go through core curriculum on problem types that I did bad on, or should I finish the core curriculum, then re-watch any question types that I got wrong and try to fix my mindset? And then repeat that process to make sure I'm really learning the material?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

or should I finish the core curriculum, then re-watch any question types that I got wrong and try to fix my mindset?

This is likely the better approach. I dunno about repeating the process... just don't move on from any lesson until you get the material.

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Have you taken a diagnostic? I think your diagnostic score probably should dictate your strategy. If your diagnostic is high/close to your target score, you might benefit more from taking PTs and focusing on specific weaknesses. If your diagnostic score is lower (or even if you just have a lot of extra time) it would probably be helpful to go through the entire CC and then focus on PTs. In theory everyone should go through the entire CC once, but I understand that there is sometimes a need to prioritize your time if you don't have as much to devote to studying.