Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Approximately how long should it take to complete the curriculum with a full time job?

Ajahna94Ajahna94 Member
in General 223 karma

Just wondering if I'm moving at a a good pace. 7sage's curriculum seems very intimidating and some of the question sets seem repetitive, so I wonder if I'm wasting time.

I am trying to stay motivated and steadfast; but, I'm not sure how I will finish the Curriculum in time to take the LSAT in August/October.

Comments

• griff23dgriff23d Core Member
    42 karma

I have this same question. I read on an older post that you shouldn't necessarily do all the problem sets, and that in fact you might want to save some of the problem sets for drilling later on. So now what I'm trying to do is resolving some of the first problem sets that are the easiest ones, then a few of the middle ones which usually have medium difficulty, and a few of the last ones which are typically the hardest ones. But I still feel like I'm moving at an incredibly slow pace. For reference, I study between 3-4 hrs a day, 6 days a week (also work full time but had the flexibility to change my schedule to best fit my study schedule). I'm particularly worried about how time-consuming foolproofing LG will be.

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    edited May 2021 1106 karma

I work full time and was able to get through 90% of the core curriculum in a little under 2 months. That being all the videos, all of the LR problem sets, almost all the LG problem sets, and a quarter of the RC problem sets Though there is the caveat that I had lot of downtime at work the first month. That being said, you don't want to rush through just for the sake of finishing it by your exam date. You want to take as much time as you need in order to fully reap the benefits of the course.

• HopefulJoHopefulJo Member
    76 karma

I started going through 7sage in November 2020, and I'm 37% of the way through the core curriculum. I didn't go in order (I started with logic games, then moved on to logical reasoning and reading comprehension), and did a lot of drilling that wasn't in the CC. I've probably taken longer on the CC than a lot of people, but I tried to tailor my studying to my needs, and it's paid off. I focused a lot on drilling and foolproofing. I'm not done with the CC but I'm happy with the improvements in my score so far.

• samsationalsamsational Member
    16 karma

Hello! I am also working full time and I am shooting for the August/ October LSAT. I started studying late March and I am about 60% done with the CC. I do not do every problem set, instead I just to the odd numbered problem sets and I save the even numbered ones for a later time (my hope is that when I start taking practice tests, I will drill the question types that I need some help in with these undone problem sets).

I will say that it was difficult to find a study schedule that worked for me and found myself trying to study the way other people had suggested. This obviously did not work for me and honestly was pretty frustrating. Once you find what truly works for you, I promise you the CC will seem a lot more approachable. I study about 3-4 hours M-R and about 7 hours on weekends. If you need a study buddy or some support feel free to PM me, working full time and studying for this test is a dooooozy. :)

• Ajahna94Ajahna94 Member
    223 karma

Thanks everyone for the advice!! It was really helpful. I will stay motivated, continue the core, and try some on the tips you all suggested.

It means a lot that you all took time to reply. Happy Studying to you all!!!