Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

October test takers

gstar2015gstar2015 Alum Member
in General 68 karma
I'm debating whether to take june or October And can't schedule October without canceling june .
How do test sites look for October in SF?

Comments

• mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    I think it'd be fine. You'd get your score back the first week of November. If you prepare for everything else while you're waiting for your test scores and submit your applications as soon as you get your results back, you should be fine. I'm taking the October test and at the schools I looked at, that still gives me time to meet early decision deadlines.
    But more importantly, why are you debating on whether to take June or Oct? If you feel ready, take it in June. If you feel like you still have room for improvement, postpone. A higher score is more important than submitting an earlier application.
  • gstar2015gstar2015 Alum Member
    68 karma
    For sure. I'm a couple points away from my goal of 160 so I'm contemplating. An OP just stated San Jose test locations are filled. I'm now concerned SF may be filled and if I cancel June I'll be SOL.
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    edited May 2015 578 karma
    @gstar2015 Depending on how much you have to study, it's possible to get those points before the June test day. However, if your concern about test locations being full in Oct is the only reason why you're afraid to cancel in June, the LSAT would be worth a road trip to a test center farther away if it means being confident you'll reach your test score goal. Last year when I had to take the LSAT and the test centers were full, I was put on a waitlist. Basically it meant that I was still guaranteed the possibility to take the test in my city, but would have to wait until closer to the test date to find out where the new test center was. That was outside the US though, so Idk what would happen in your case. You might just want to call the LSAC and find out whether all the slots are filled for San Jose and what they'll do to accommodate you in your situation if they are.
  • FLAguyNSeoulFLAguyNSeoul Alum Member
    141 karma
    Hi everyone, I'm 10 days new (or old) to the community. I've been impressed with everyone's engagement and the lessons I've been through. I'm crossing a little hurdle and need some guidance from the community. I'm taking the LSAT in October, but I won't get my PTs package until next week, at the earliest. What do you think are some of the most effective ways of prepping until I have the PTs?
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    @FLAguyNSeoul If you don't already, I would get one of the packages for the 7sage course and start going through the curriculum while you wait for the PTs. I also highly recommend getting a copy of the LSAT Trainer.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    @mes08 , yeah! I recommend the LSAT trainer too. It's a life saver and complements the 7Sage Curriculum perfectly (except for LG, I think J.Y has the best LG method, for me anyways).
  • FLAguyNSeoulFLAguyNSeoul Alum Member
    141 karma
    Thank you both for taking the time to reply! I'm going to continue through the course and review some of parts on finding the conclusion and premise until my PTs arrive. I've checked on getting the LSAT trainer, but it isn't avaliable in Seoul. Plus, it would take a while for me to get it via Amazon. Thanks!!