Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weekly LSAT Study Schedule

emilyg3emilyg3 Core Member
in General 14 karma

Hello, everyone! I began my training with 7sage this past Monday. I am currently registered for the October 2021 LSAT, which will be my first ever test. I did study a bit during quarantine last year, but the prep course I was taking did not help me to improve a significant amount. I am already seeing improvements with 7sage. My current plan is to study from around 9:30am to 5pm on Monday through Friday. Does anyone else have a similar schedule worked out? I plan to set aside Saturday and Sunday for other activities and to rest. I am wondering if two consecutive days of break with halt my progress.

Comments

• WestMuckrakerWestMuckraker Member
    edited May 2021 11 karma

This is essentially the same weekly schedule that I use! It has worked well for me about a month in. I had to take a couple weeks off due to some personal matters, but even after that I am still very much on track. Take the weekends for yourself. It is very important to have built-in breaks and not burn out. It's a marathon, not a sprint. If a M-F 9:30-5:00 schedule is sustainable for you I believe you will be in great shape by October!

Best of luck, you got this!

• D.F.W. AficionadoD.F.W. Aficionado Alum Member
    29 karma

Hi there!

I am looking to start a group to of ppl going through 7Sage curriculum to bounce ideas & troubleshoot off of one another. We'd be looking to set up a group early next-week if you're interested! Personally, I would be looking at a similar schedule, except doing less Mon-Fri and offsetting it for a few hours added to Sat.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or are interested! Hope to hear from you. :smiley:

• Natalia A.Natalia A. Yearly Member
    38 karma

I would say try doing at least one LG/LR/RC on Saturday and Sunday....when I skip a couple of days I feel like I forget some things

• thinklikealawyerthinklikealawyer Core Member
    284 karma

If you are actively studying 9:30-5 PM (phone away, full attention and minimal breaks) I would absolutely suggest taking all day Saturday and Sunday off to rest. I have been studying 30-35 hours a week and still find myself burnt out every now and then. Burnout is counter-productive to your goal (although it will likely happen), trying to minimize it as much as possible will help you not get frustrated in the process if you reach a plateau or experience degression. With about 6 months until the October exam, you should be able to get to a place where you feel ready for anything that comes up if you are actively studying 40 hours a week. With that said... listen to your mind and body when you need rest. Rest is essential to growth, my friend! :smile: Good luck!!

• MichaelJM1989MichaelJM1989 Core Member
    64 karma

Personally I think 9-5 is not enough but a good target. As you study you'll see why I say that. I'd like to give you some pointers from my experience so you're not surprised like I was in my journey. To get good at this test you need to live it, eat, sleep and breathe it. Whatever you do in your prep, you have to be relentless. You will experience setbacks, disappointment, frustration, and even question whether this is for you then begin to find reasons why there are better career choices. Avoid this poisonous self-fulfilling downward spiral of thinking when you feel it coming on. Do not give in, give up, or surrender. When depression and disappointment set in is exactly the time when you need to double down and watch every single moment closely. Think of this preparation as a campaign, a test of your will. Make sure you master the LR first as a tip, repeat exposure with RC (preferably daily) - and come up with a strategy for passages attempted vs the ideal correct percentage, and Games are the hardest (for me), just watch JY's videos and redo them over and over and over again and you'll start to see the improvement. Some people say games are easiest to improve but I just personally didn't see that. LR was for me, then RC. But definitely anticipate on things going wrong and not according to plan or what you heard, but do not be disheartened or take it personally. I've been at this a while and I refuse to give in - personally I take the approach that this isn't over until I win, and I'll be the judge of what that means. When you take that type of approach and adjust your schedule accordingly and at times are prepared to go ALL THE WAY. All night, all day, some days just a few problems in 1 day. Plan on lots of frustration. This test is not just a 9-5 and hours put in = your result (despite what some test prep courses say). It's different for everyone. For me, this has taken the life out of me and has forced me to dig deep when I felt there was nothing left. I even took a few weeks off at times (recommend if you sense burnout - but mark a date to return). You will feel victorious regardless, and to me that's what matters, giving this your all and walking away with a score that is your personal best. Just allocate more time than you think the material is so deceptively challenging. Make use of tutors (it always is worth the money to have a 170+ scorer help you) stick to 7sage explanations, practice, practice, practice. Good luck!