Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June LSAT Or Wait?

lsat5everlsat5ever Core Member
in General 79 karma

Had a general question about overall LSAT strategy... I took the April LSAT flex for the first time and had tech glitches / proctor u problems that really created severe test anxiety for me (had to reschedule once, waited for hours on the day I actually had to take due to a tech glitch, proctor interrupted me etc). I got in the lower 160s (had been PTing 167 - 174)

In preparation for that test, I had done almost all of the PTs in the 60s - 80s starting with my studing in Jan 2021, and unfortunately feel like I had burned through the most recent PTs. To prepare for the June test, I've been doing PTs in the 50s which were totally new for me and redoing tests I had taken 5 - 6 months ago (so I've seen them, but its been awhile). I got a 177 on a test in the 50s that I had never done, and have been getting between 169 - 177 on the rest of the 7 tests I've taken post April Flex (although again, some I had done months ago and some were totally new tests to me).

I am still really anxious given I feel like I can take this 2-3 times at most for the T-14... am I better off waiting until I am consistently breaking 175? How will I know when I'm prepared given I still feel like I fluctuate? I was planning on applying to a junior year deferral program which is why I am aiming for June, but if I didn't do that I definitely want to work 1-2 years post grad (am entering my senior year). If I don't take the June test the earliest test I could take would be next fall (and will be working full time this summer so likely will take 3 months off). Am I better off taking a few months off so I forget the more recent PTs or is it dumb to lose my momentum and I should take the June test given where I'm at now (with the caveat that the higher scores are either on tests in the 50s or tests I'm redoing).

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8449 karma

Without more info... If you want T14 I'd wait until the bottom end of your PT range is in the 170s. I wouldn't worry about t# of takes, but at the same time, don't take until you're ready.