Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back At It!

harrismeganharrismegan Member
edited May 2015 in General 2074 karma
I wanted to describe my experience and see..... more or less... if I am on the right track!!

I took the LSAT December 2014 and scored a disappointing 155. I have so far been rejected from 2/4 places I applied, and I have no hope for the last 2 schools! I took a mini break since December because I started prep for my bikini competition on May 18th. I did (since December until now) study between 1-2 hours a day, I retook the entire Ultimate Course again, and I recently finished the LG Bundle.

I took #36 today and consider that my "baseline" score. I received a 163. Although I am happy that it's higher than a 155, some questions felt "familiar" although I did still have to go through the answer choices to determine my answer. I know, once I get into the 60s and 70s for prep tests, that they won't feel familiar any longer, which is good! However, I am still a wee bit disappointed that my mark wasn't higher, especially given the familiarity of the questions.

Regardless, I am going to take this process slow, as I felt I burnt out considerably last time... with doing 5-6 hours of studying a day, waking up at 3:30 AM to workout, working 40 hours a week, and getting 4-5 hours of sleep a night. NOT GOOD. SO, I plan on writing a prep test 1x a week (Saturdays) and doing a full blind review on Sundays. THEN, once the blind review is completed, I plan on determining where my weaknesses are, make a study plan for the week, and utilize the Cambridge packages for both RC and LR practice.

I don't have a specific "target score" in mind, but I would like to get as high of a mark as possible. I plan to rewrite in October but I strongly feel that this is an exam you do better on the longer you practice, so I would consider taking it in December of 2015 if I don't feel prepared by October.

Also, to eliminate the "familiarity" of the questions, I'm going to start next weekend on Prep Test #50!

Does this seem like a good plan!?

Comments

• brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    Sounds like a good plan. I would hold of on calling PT36 your baseline since it is covered extensively in the curriculum. PT50 will give you a much better idea of where you are and what needs to be done. Either way, with thorough BR and drilling by type you can't go wrong! Happy studying!
  • bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    522 karma
    @harrismegan said:
    because I started prep for my bikini competition on May 18th.
    Uh where is this competition held?

In all seriousness I think that seems like a great plan. I'm also worried that once I start doing prep tests I'll be familiar with questions from prep tests 30-38 as I've done some of the Cambridge packs, which is why I'm going to just do PTs 40-74.

Regarding the burnout I find it really useful to take some days off, or just go for a relaxing hike, as when I get back to studying I feel like I can retain more information and overall provides a fresh outlook. In fact I was doing some Must be False questions last night, and got several wrong as I was ridiculously tired, but when I went out for some fresh air and came back later in the day I managed to get the rest right, even though the were increasingly harder.