Wondering What Is Possible - June 2021 LSAT

ireland.lesley5ireland.lesley5 Core Member
edited June 2021 in June 2021 LSAT 48 karma

Hello.

As many, feeling incredibly discouraged and stressed leading up to the June 2021 LSAT test in just a week and a half. I am frustrated because two months ago I was able to break 170, but since then my score has dropped. My last three practice tests have been a 165 (Prep Test 84), 167 (85), and a 166 (86). My blind reviews are typically higher than 170 (although my last one was 168 - just not my best test). I am planning on really buckling down and taking multiple practice tests/problems in the week and a half, but wondering if I will need to set my expectations lower on what I'm likely to get on the actual test. I'm hoping to get at least a 168, but not even sure if I'm going to hit that at this point.

1) Looking for encouragement/tips (I work a job 9-6pm by the way so studying during the week isn't always great)
2) Wondering if people were able to boost their score in the last final weeks leading up to the test

At this point I am not going to reschedule (plus I would have to almost restart studying because I am used to the three sections) so just looking for either encouragement or the need to lower my expectations.

Thanks!

Comments

• 8 karma

Hey! This may seem counterproductive, but it sounds like you may be burned out. I think it might be better for you to study smarter instead of just PTing like crazy in the final week or so before the test. I plan on taking 1-2 PTs maximum in the week leading up to the test, but I plan to fully review these tests and drill weak areas. Do a timed section or two once a day, make sure to drill weak areas, and spend lots of time blind/full reviewing every question you missed/weren't sure about. Make sure you fully understand these questions. I would also give yourself some time off before the test (this Saturday/the day before the exam, for example). Good luck!

• ireland.lesley5ireland.lesley5 Core Member
    48 karma

@julianneturner96 Thank you for the advice! That definitely could be true, but those last three tests have been from the last three weeks. Have 4 more 80s PTs so want to try to do those, but might just do them as practice problems instead of full length tests?

How do you do your drills? Especially having trouble with reading sections.

• 8 karma

@"ireland.lesley5" said:
    @julianneturner96 Thank you for the advice! That definitely could be true, but those last three tests have been from the last three weeks. Have 4 more 80s PTs so want to try to do those, but might just do them as practice problems instead of full length tests?

How do you do your drills? Especially having trouble with reading sections.

I drill in two ways: either I drill by section (e.g., LG or LR), or I drill by question type/game type. I mostly only drill for LG and LR, as those are my weaker areas. I use the 7Sage analytics to see which question types I should go over, and then I create problem sets of medium/advanced difficulty. Sometimes these practice sets are mixed (e.g., Weaken, Strengthen, and Parallel Reasoning questions), and other times I stick to one question type. I focus less on time and more on accuracy. Another way to drill would be to do a timed section, single out all the question types you struggled with, and then drill those. One thing that helped me with RC was reading the passages in reverse order, since the hardest/most time-consuming passages seem to be towards the back more often than not. If you struggle with a certain type of passage (comparative, let's say), make yourself a problem set of 2-3 comparative passages. Another great way to drill RC is to retake timed sections you've already done! It can really show you where you've improved and where you still need to make progress. I only do this for passages I completed a while ago, though.

• ireland.lesley5ireland.lesley5 Core Member
    48 karma

@julianneturner96 thank you so so much. This is super helpful!