Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading Comprehension Retention Help!!

mackenzie_fitzgeraldmackenzie_fitzgerald Alum Member
edited May 2015 in General 74 karma
I'm normally making in the low 160s when I prep-test, which isn't too bad - it is good enough to get in to the school I want to go to, but I generally miss half of my questions solely in reading comprehension. I normally miss 10-12 in RC, and then 3-4 in each of the other sections. I'm just not retaining any of what I have read. I can do it no big deal when I BR because I don't have the pressure of time...but when I do have the timer I seem to be always picking the most common wrong answers. Does any body have any tips for what I could do to improve retention/understanding of what to pay specific attention to while reading?? I take the LSAT in June! Thanks!!

Comments

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I would pick up the Trainer and read through their section. For RC, I find it's not 'retention of material' as it is marking the passage in a way that looks for structure. Ie, how the paragraphs relate, where the support is for a hypothesis/argument, and determining what the author's tone/position is.