Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

December 2015

curtis morgancurtis morgan Alum Member
in General 14 karma
I know its a ways off but started to study for the LSAT. I purchased the LSAT Trainer. Should I read the book first then do 7 Sage or vice verse. I am a teacher so have all summer too study.

Comments

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I'm not sure, as learning works differently for everyone, but I did the 7Sage package and only read the Flaw section of the Trainer and the RC section. I find that those sections compliment 7Sage perfectly. I've seen other people write on here that 7Sage's method to LG is superior and I would agree. Might be best to start with one and supplement with the other so you don't get two conflicting methods.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2015 7965 karma
    My advice is to start with the Trainer and then do 7sage. The Trainer eases you into the LSAT and 7sage gives you tools that really click once you've been exposed to all of the material on the test. The two build upon each other. I'm very glad I started with the Trainer because it gave me an excellent foundation upon which to build my skills with 7sage.

This is not to say the Trainer is "basic" by any means. Conceptually it has more of a macro approach whereas 7sage enforces the micro skills. Both do both of these things, but I would summarize the differences in this way.
  • Aiesha G.Aiesha G. Alum Member
    edited June 2015 199 karma
    @curtis morgan I am taking it in December as well. I started with the trainer as suggested by many people in the 7sage community and so far I really like the generalized approach it offers. A lot of products and review books make the LSAT seem like u r simply memorizing a bunch of rules for each question type and it makes the entire study process daunting. But the trainer is an easy read and it gives you a good foundation of the content so it can be applied to various question types. So far it looks like the way to go. And btw @Nicole.Hopkins s is a great mentor. She has been studying for the LSAT for a while, is very knowledgeable, and has lots of good advice. Anytime she says something in a discussion I always take heed lol. Good luck studying! We are in this together. =)