Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do LSAT PrepTests actually take you 12 hours?

edited June 2021 in General 57 karma

I am currently studying for the October 2021 LSAT and I'm not that far through the course. According to my study schedule, I should be studying 54 hours a week. I am a full time undergrad student and I have a job. Looking at the study schedule, it says that one LSAT Prep test takes 12 hours. I understand that that includes the BR time and reviewing answers. My question is, does it really take a full 12 hours to complete a full test and do the BR and review it completely? Does it take more or less? How many Prep tests can I realistically do in one week?

Comments

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

It depends on how intensely you BR, then how in depth you review your wrong answers. So if you go hard, you could very well be taking 12 hours total. But if you don't go as in depth, maybe it's more like 6-8 (including test time).

Depends on how you learn best how many tests a week is "realistic," but generally speaking 1~2 tests a week is a good number.

• rayastellarayastella Member
    19 karma

It might not take a full 12 hours but it definitely is a good chunk of time or a full days worth of studying for myself. I'll normally do the prep test and the blind review on the same day and then review on another day because the first two parts are mentally draining.

Only you know yourself and how much you can handle, if you are naturally inclined towards performing well on this exam or not. Taking more PT's isn't worth much if you aren't taking the time to review properly. I would think with your busy schedule you should only do one prep test a week max and then fit in some drilling or other studying.