Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap trick or fair game?

in Logic Games 424 karma

(If this post violates rules on test disclosure, sorry and delete it!)

So - took the LSAT in April, and one of my games was grouping with binary sub groups - U or V. Now, my handwriting is atrocious, and I took like an extra minute just to make sure my Us didn’t looks like my Vs. I more or less had to re-do like 1/2 of the questions because I couldn’t tell if my mostly-angled curves were a U or a V.

From my recollection, earlier PTs did this fairly regularly, but more recent ones have generally gone for more visually distinct variables. Anyway, I wasn’t really prepared for it, and I should have been. (Assuming my LSAT used older LGs, but I could be totally wrong on that one). Does anyone else have this problem??

I’m also curious about everyone else’s thoughts … the argument could be made that being able to write clearly is important enough that it’s a legit part of the test, or we could argue that they could have tested logic without testing penmanship by going with U and P, for instance.

… okay I’ll be honest, I’m mostly just annoyed and slightly bored, so I figured I’d complain, hahah. Good luck to everyone taking the June test!