Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Canceling the LSAT

Timeto7sageTimeto7sage Member
edited June 2021 in June 2021 LSAT 39 karma

Hey y’all! I just took the LSAT Flex and wanted some input on whether I should cancel my LSAT or not.

To preface it, I’m an international student (so LSAT score matters a lot) and I have a 167 on record (in my fourth attempt) which I took in-person in Feb, 2020 in USA.

I took the LSAT Flex today in my home country and had connectivity issues which resulted in my internet connection disconnecting midway through the second section (RC). I had to end up guessing on the last few questions eventually since I ran out of time (my RCs are usually very tight time wise and the connection / disconnection thing really messed it up for me and my overall momentum for the exam).

LG went well except for again I guessed on the last 3 questions due to time constraints. My LR was good but again I messed up on time constraints on the last question.

But summing it up, since it was a sub-optimal performance on account of me blindly guessing on 8 questions at least in total which was further compounded by connectivity issues & the induced stress and considering this is my last allowed attempt so should I just cancel it? I don’t see myself improving my 167 but how bad can the consequences of canceling be (keeping the fact in mind that I’m an international student so how will a drop in score look, provided I can say that I had legit connectivity issues).

My practice score was 168 or above and blind score was 170+ in recent practice attempts.

Thank you so much! Really grateful for your input.

Your input
  1. Should I cancel?11 votes
    1. Yes
      45.45%
    2. No
      54.55%

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited June 2021 8313 karma

No. The take is expended whether you cancel or not. A cancel can easily be seen as a low score... maybe even one lower than what you would have gotten had you kept it, depending on the app reviewer. Its could easily be argued that the person reviewing your app sees the low scores followed by a high one as an indication of resiliency and determination. One more lower score would have very little effect if any at all on your overall app package, and you could be cancelling a good score. When they let people "resurrect" cancelled scores after the cancelled march '20 test, there was no shortage of people getting 16high/17x scores... scores they thought were going to be so bad that they opted to not even see them. While doing better that we think is definitely not the norm, it is still very common as it is difficult to gauge our performance based solely on our recollection of a very stressful event.

Also, I'd like to see the people that voted "yes" thus far to justify their reasoning as opposed to just ghost voting.

• Timeto7sageTimeto7sage Member
    edited June 2021 39 karma

Thank you so much for your advice and input, @canihazJD! What you said makes a lot of sense