PT12.S1.Q25 - How do you diagram answer choices B and C?

Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
edited June 2021 in Logical Reasoning 2249 karma

How do you diagram answer choices B and C? And can someone explain how and why C is a valid conclusion?

A---> X---->E
S--s--A

A.) S--s--X
B
C)
D) /X--->/A
E.) E--s---S

Admin note: edited title; please use the format of "PT#.S#.Q# - [brief description]"

Comments

• 571 karma

So, just to be clear, this is the diagram that I came up with:

Shy People s--> Actors --> Exuberant --> Extroverts

I wouldn't focus too much on actually trying to diagram the ACs, it is easier to simply understand them in respect to the above diagram.

To your second question, "some exuberant people who are actors are shy" must be true because all actors will be exuberant and all exuberant people are extroverts. Since some shy people are actors, it follows that some must be all three of the following qualities in the diagram. For example, we could break it down into numbers:

Shy People(1) s--> Actors(101) --> Exuberant(101) --> Extroverts(101)

As you can see, there is one shy person that is a part of each of the groups. Therefore, it would follow that at least 1 (or some) people would be both exuberant, an actor, and shy.

Hope that helps!

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    2249 karma

@DontPay4LawSchool said:
    So, just to be clear, this is the diagram that I came up with:

Shy People s--> Actors --> Exuberant --> Extroverts

I wouldn't focus too much on actually trying to diagram the ACs, it is easier to simply understand them in respect to the above diagram.

To your second question, "some exuberant people who are actors are shy" must be true because all actors will be exuberant and all exuberant people are extroverts. Since some shy people are actors, it follows that some must be all three of the following qualities in the diagram. For example, we could break it down into numbers:

Shy People(1) s--> Actors(101) --> Exuberant(101) --> Extroverts(101)

As you can see, there is one shy person that is a part of each of the groups. Therefore, it would follow that at least 1 (or some) people would be both exuberant, an actor, and shy.

Hope that helps!

would that person be extroverted too?

• 571 karma

Yes! Because all exuberant people are also extroverts!