Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice:PTs

in General 117 karma

How many PTs (taken in my goal score range) is good enough for me to know that I am ready to sign up for the lsat?

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited June 2021 8460 karma

Enough to make you confident that on a bad day you will still come back with a score in your target range... especially if you tend to experience a test day penalty or testing/performance anxiety. You need data that provides both indication of consistent performance, where the volatility from earlier stages of prep is gone; as well as enough confidence to preclude you from anxiety based performance drops... so it is somewhat cyclical in nature. For me, for a 170+ I needed 5+ PTs (and the accompanying prep work - review, drills, etc.) reflecting performances of 175 or better to provide that confidence. Your mileage may vary.

I think it makes the most sense to assume you will experience a drop in score. Test day increases are exceptional cases and typically a result of luck, not skill. When SHTF we don't rise to the occasion. We fall back to the level we've trained to perform at.

• 117 karma

@canihazJD Thank you so much!