Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whether to retake in August or Oct?

lxspencerlxspencer Member
in General 11 karma

Hi everyone, I just received my first LSAT score, which is 161...My practice score was ranging between 163-168, so I feel I need retake it. I have a full-time job and my goal would be 170s. Do you recommend me to take it in August or October?

Thanks!

Comments

• Cynthia-2Cynthia-2 Member
    498 karma

I would retake it in August. Do you feel like the test was harder than say May2020 test?

• samksamk Core Member
    60 karma

Wow this sounds like me (score range, full time job) and I just signed up for the August. Might as well give yourself a chance to score within your pt range is what I am thinking. I am not as stressed about studying tons more, as I feel like it is more about controlling my emotions and practicing smarter, not harder!

• lxspencerlxspencer Member
    11 karma

@"Cynthia-2" said:
    I would retake it in August. Do you feel like the test was harder than say May2020 test?

I do not feel this is harder than May 2020

11 karma

@samk said:
    Wow this sounds like me (score range, full time job) and I just signed up for the August. Might as well give yourself a chance to score within your pt range is what I am thinking. I am not as stressed about studying tons more, as I feel like it is more about controlling my emotions and practicing smarter, not harder!

Have the same feeling and might take Aug 2021! I just feel I need to change my strategy a little bit.

• nikjeffnikjeff Core Member
    edited June 2021 7 karma

Hi! Your question really resonates with me and I'm wondering if I'm in the same boat. I took the June LSAT for the first time and got a 163, even though my practice tests had been in the 165-170 range. I 100% self studied with Khan Academy, and only today after getting a 163 did I make the shift to 7Sage. Do you think I should take the Aug or Oct? I have to admit, I'm a little overwhelmed with the idea of going through most of the 7Sage curriculum in a little over a month. I would appreciate any thoughts or guidance on this!

11 karma

@nikjeff said:
    Hi! Your question really resonates with me and I'm wondering if I'm in the same boat. I took the June LSAT for the first time and got a 163, even though my practice tests had been in the 165-170 range. I 100% self studied with Khan Academy, and only today after getting a 163 did I make the shift to 7Sage. Do you think I should take the Aug or Oct? I have to admit, I'm a little overwhelmed with the idea of going through most of the 7Sage curriculum in a little over a month. I would appreciate any thoughts or guidance on this!

I only took 10% of the courses. I admit they are helpful but too long! Maybe you can take a few of your weakest parts? I might take it again in Aug because studying through July, Aug, September sounds so stressful and I plant to start preparing the application in September.