Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keeping score or Cancelling, June 2021 test

Arman080Arman080 Member
in General 165 karma

Hello,

I'm looking for some advice from some fellow 7sagers. I Started in January and was looking for a target score of 165, which is exactly what I got on this June test. However, in my past 10 Pts I've scored 160,169,170,169,170,166,171,165,164 (test was here) 2 week break and finally a 172. I am 100% retaking the test but I am not sure as to whether I should be cancelling or keeping my score. My target law school is Osgood (Canadian law school, I'm from Canada) and my CGPA will 100% be 3.5 or 3.6 (0.1/0.2 below what they require). I know I will be a splitter applicant, Any advice is welcomed, thank you.

Comments

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

Definitely retake, but I also believe you wouldn’t have a problem getting into osgood with a 165. Definitely do not cancel a 165- that is a great score, and based on your PT’s its actually in your statistical range, especially when you factor in the test day penalty.

• HermioneJeanGrangerHermioneJeanGranger Free Trial Member
    51 karma

Ya, don't cancel that. Even if you retest and get your 170+ score, a 165 is still great.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Yes, this score indicates to admissions that a student has a high level of mastery and high percentile.

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

Yeah keep your score. The only reason to cancel would be if you absolutely tanked the test with respect to the school you wish to attend.