Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to study with?

in General 790 karma

Hi Everyone,

I will be retaking the test in (mid) August and will be studying insanely hard for the month of July and beginning of August. I unfortunately discovered 7Sage late in my studies before taking the June LSAT, so I only had this forum for about a month or two. But it helped me raise my score 5 points in that time.... so I am going to continue using it of course. But are there any other books you would recommend to push me over into the 160s? My goal is a 163 but of course I will do everything in my power to get higher. I know I have it in me since I scored a 162 on one of my PTs.

I have already used Kaplan's books (bleh..they suck) and the LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim (amazing). I have heard great things about the Power Score Bibles. Are they really all that? I want to make sure what I purchase is worth it since I only have a little over a month. Thank you.

Comments

• MissionLsatMissionLsat Member
    379 karma

For me, 7sage, alone was sufficient enough to get my desired score. And that is being said from an applicant whose first language is not English. I really do believe that the curriculum is thorough and very beneficial. Of course if you could afford a tutor then that could act as good suppliment . But at the end it is majorly your practise and efforts.

Also having given many competitive examination, my go to advise for any applicant would be to don't keep looking for different sources,
    instead just stick to one and focus on it completely. And move on to other sources only when you have gone through the initial one thoroughly

• Slow is FastSlow is Fast Alum Member
    445 karma

I love the Powerscore LR Bible, along with LSAT Trainer and 7Sage. I agree with the person above; you should finish a book/course before moving on to another. It's just helpful to hear all this same information presented in different ways. My study buddies found The Loophole to be very helpful, though I can't say much since I haven't read it.

• AhkneekeyAhkneekey Member
    66 karma

I'll put in a good word for The Loophole! Sometimes you just need to think about things a little differently. I will say though, that it takes a good amount of time to actually go through the book and do the drills. I wouldn't recommend just breezing through it, otherwise you're not going to get the most out of it.