Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

August 2021 or October 2021

LegallyBrunette21LegallyBrunette21 Yearly Member
in General 500 karma

Hi everyone!

I have been studying almost full-time for a few months now, and I have scored a 161 on the most two recent PT I have taken (PT 56 & 58) with a blind review scores of 172 and 170 respectively. I need at least a score of 166 for my target score (UBC) and I am planning on getting a tutor to help me with RC as I have not been able to improve that section by myself.

But, with the deadline for August coming up tomorrow, I am not sure if I will be able to get a 166 for August and I am considering registering for October test date instead. What are your thoughts? I know JY recommends signing up for the LSAT once your average is above your target score which clearly is not my case. Should I sign up for both? Or just try to get my score as high as possible for October?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• BigJay20BigJay20 Member
    438 karma

I'll say don't Test day pressure is something that also has to be mastered.

• Learned AstronomerLearned Astronomer Free Trial Member
    145 karma

Can help with RC tutoring!

• slxyzvvv-1slxyzvvv-1 Member
    120 karma

Personally I would recommend not waste a chance— you can only take the LSAT three times a year. Also every LSAT score will be released to the schools you apply. But you can sign up for both and wait until the withdraw deadline to see if you're going to go for the August LSAT.

• cklomoooooo-1cklomoooooo-1 Member
    128 karma

@"Learned Astronomer" said:
    Can help with RC tutoring!

Any advice for RC? Thank you!