Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

161 AVG 170 BR. Trying to find balance between speed & time management

edited July 2021 in General 150 karma

How long did it take you to find that balance where you know you need to slow down on certain questions?
I'll go through my BR and miss like 3 stupid ones, and than perhaps 2-3 more difficult ones. I feel like just avoiding the small mistakes would get me to a consistent 165 at least.

I think I like have an understanding of all the questions and stuff. I suppose my challenge is the execution.

P.S. if anyone has any general or specific questions on how to get to early 160ish avg score thats in the 150s feel free to send a message. It's helpful for me to walk through someone a LR or RC question that may not understand.

Comments

• Timakay01Timakay01 Member
    33 karma

It took me about 5-7 PT's to realize I need to slow down on certain questions. I find it better to slow down on a question then skip often and have over 5 minutes remaining.

• CripTheLawCripTheLaw Member
    45 karma

I would say be less worried about time, you cannot practice timing, you can just practice the skills that will make you more efficient. If you are getting 170 BR then that is a great sign of what you are capable of, so you need to see where you ate up most of your time, and drill on similar question types. A minute or two saved here and there really adds up on a 35 minute exam.

• Michelle V.Michelle V. Member
    edited July 2021 29 karma

Save for later

• sydneykhornersydneykhorner Core Member
    27 karma

hi this happened to me too! my technique is to just go through them all and if the stim isn't immediately making sense I skip and come back. The harder questions are usually #18-22 so I would get through as much as possible, then flip flop from the dumb confusing ones to the actual hard ones till the time runs out. Also, if youre consistently missing a few dumb ones but knowing theyre wrong on BR then I would suggest really digging into those answers on every old test u took and figuring out why you keep choosing the wrong answer. Its helpful to catch urself in the act of finding a wrong answer choice attractive, I think once you attack that specific brain process you'll be good. also getting from 160s-170s is the hardest like youre basically restructuring the deepest parts of how your brain thinks so I know this sounds ridiculous but just try it and you wont be worried abt time soon