Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to improve 3points in a month

cklomoooooo-1cklomoooooo-1 Member
in General 128 karma

Hi 7-sagers,

I am planning to take the august lsat and aiming for 171+

My current stats by section:
LR -3 to -1
LG -1 to 0
RC -11 to -4

My average LSAT score is 168, currently taking one pt every 3days. Is it possible to improve my RC and bring my average up to 171+ In a month?
What are some good advices/materials for RC?

Thank you!!!!

Comments

• slxyzvvv-1slxyzvvv-1 Member
    edited July 2021 120 karma

lol I went from exact 168 in April to 171 in June, and almost had the same stats by section as you. I used "The LSAT Trainer" though didn't finish reading it. But I think it was really helpful. I found that just saying to myself "read for structure" (which was the idea I learnt from this book) three times before I start the RC section could usually boost my RC score. When reading the passages, I would suggest don't rush. Taking three to four minutes to really understand the structure and the purpose of every sentence worked much better for me than to rush through the passages. Also skip a passage if you find it difficult after reading the first paragraph. You can go back to it after you've finished the other three. Good luck!

• cklomoooooo-1cklomoooooo-1 Member
    128 karma

@slxyzvvv said:
    lol I went from exact 168 in April to 171 in June, and almost had the same stats by section as you. I used "The LSAT Trainer" though didn't finish reading it. But I think it was really helpful. I found that just saying to myself "read for structure" (which was the idea I learnt from this book) three times before I start the RC section could usually boost my RC score. When reading the passages, I would suggest don't rush. Taking three to four minutes to really understand the structure and the purpose of every sentence worked much better for me than to rush through the passages. Also skip a passage if you find it difficult after reading the first paragraph. You can go back to it after you've finished the other three. Good luck!

It sounds like we have a lot of similarities. I also did the trainer and didn't finish it.
    Thank you for your input!