Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Improve LG in a week?

ashstanashstan Free Trial Member
in General 8 karma
Hi! I'm taking the June LSAT next Monday, and was looking for a little advice. I know the Logic Games section is the most feasible section to get 100% of the questions correct. However, every time I take a prep test, my LG section always comes up a little short. I usually miss 3-5 questions, mostly because I don't have time to complete the last game. Any advice on how to improve before Monday, even just a little bit to get those points I'm missing? Thanks!

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Have you been dong the Fool Proof Method? Maybe go over the most recent LG's you've done, and see why you're missing those questions. Print a couple copies of each, and keep redoing them until you have all of the inferences down.
  • ashstanashstan Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    Well the thing is, on the first games that I actually get to, I don't miss any questions, I get them all right. However, I don't get a perfect score because I always run out of time before I can complete the last game.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Oh, I see. So timing is an issue? Repetition is also key for that. You want to try and finish the easy games as fast as you can (5 minutes or under for the easy in/out, linear, grouping games). This will give you some leeway for the more time-consuming games that require brute forcing or an extensive set up and lots of inferences.

It seems like your understanding of the games is pretty solid, you just need to work on your timing. If you're missing questions because of timing alone, then you should have no problem getting perfect on the LG section once you improve this.
  • sarkisp23sarkisp23 Alum Member
    374 karma
    Are you getting a perfect score on the first 3 games? The 3-5 wrong are only on the last game? That seems to be what you're suggesting. If that's not the case, then consider doing only 3 games and completely guessing on the 4th. That way, you boost accuracy and get the chance of getting your guesses correct. In one week, sometimes what you need is a change of approach more than anything.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2015 8021 karma
    If you don't have the LG Bundle PDFs from before the ban, I'd suggest getting a 10 Actual PTs booklet or one of the LG packs that Dillon highlights at the bottom of his post here:
    http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2770/list-of-affordable-pts-paperback-hard-copy

With the amount of time you have left I'd opt for the 21-40 or 41-60 since many of the earlier games can be pretty weird and not give you the best sense of where you stand, although tossing them into the mix can help to simulate possible time sinks. Take a look at the strategy write up I made for the LG Bundle here:
    http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy

Basically you could take one of those LG packs which works out to 20 sets of 4 games and compress those down into one week. You could do a few individual games as I suggested and then switch gears to full LG sections. I guarantee that if you do a section, BR it, then do it again immediately afterwards, you will see yourself cutting your time drastically. I think this will help get past the psychological block of not having enough time and will also greatly improve your inference skills. This should take less than 90 minutes per section ideally (35 minutes for the 1st try, 25 minutes to BR or watch videos, then 30 minutes or less for your 2nd try). Time yourself with a stopwatch and not a timer, and don't bother wasting time watching videos for games you didn't miss any questions for, which in your case should be 2-3 games per section. You could do 4 sections per day for the next 5 days and be good to go. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!
  • Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
    578 karma
    There's pretty much always a sequencing game.. a grouping game.. perhaps one that contains a bunch of conditionals like the Birds in the Forest game or the Trees in the Park.. and then one or two that throw you a curve ball.. like the Tudor House/Ranch House game or the Mannequins or the recent PT 73 flowers/bouquets. My strategy has been to be able to do the easy type games in my sleep.. so that when I do hit the hard game of the section I will be able to just kind of hack my way through it and not depend on memorizing inferences.