Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Advice on RC/LR.

savannahlsatsavannahlsat Member
edited July 2021 in August 2021 LSAT 20 karma

Hi guys!
I’m super stressed because the August test is 6 weeks away and I have barely improved my diagnostic scores of LR and RC. I’m shooting for a 160-165 but averaging a 153-155 currently.
I’m great at LG with an average of 4-6 wrong
but RC is my biggest weakness with my most recent being -14 wrong and LR most recent being -10.

My diagnostic was -15 RC, -14 LG, and -13/-16 LR.
So minimal improvement. But I just need more of a boost.
Untimed my best RC section was -7 and my best LR was -6. But I don’t know I’m just super stressed, please help!

Comments

• autumn.ames23autumn.ames23 Member
    251 karma

Following! Weirdly enough im in the same boat as you. Scoring 153-155 but want in the 160s. Also get the same amount wrong for RC and LR

• 65 karma

Are you currently finishing the sections? Could you provide some stats on how many questions you attempt and how many you get correct among the ones you attempt?

I recognize that the following strategy won't apply for people at all level. However, I think it applies for most people in the 150s. I saw improvements from 150s to 160s when I SLOW WAY DOWN and do less for more points.

If you do 2 RC passages and make sure all of them 100% correct, then randomly guess on the rest, you will have 15+ points (-12). You getting -14 make me think that you are rushing through and compromise your understanding.

Same for LR, if you are finishing the whole section now, there may be room for improvements if you slow way down and make sure to get all the easier questions (tend to be earlier in the section) 100% correct.

I don't have a full understanding of your performance, so my inputs may be partial. Please feel free to provide more information and ask questions, if you'd like.

• savannahlsatsavannahlsat Member
    20 karma

That makes a lot of sense! The time does get in my way absolutely and I miss things. I will absolutely try this.