Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG Drilling (10x)

teenice96teenice96 Member
in Logic Games 12 karma

Do you guys drill a problem game 10 times to ingrain it in your mind?? I heard it works really well but I can't seem to motivate myself to do one more than 5 times :/ any tips to push pass this?

Comments

• Hsum_J.DHsum_J.D Member
    edited July 2021 20 karma

I was stubborn at first thinking that J.Y. was just using hyperbole, but as someone who's weakest section was logic games for the longest time (SEVERAL months, much longer than almost really anyone I know), the most improvement I made was when I repeated games at least that many times. When I repeated them to that point, I could even memorize the answer letters, but still made myself go through the process of getting the correct answer.

It might not take you exactly 10 times, but letting yourself get to the point where a logic games become almost mindless is a sure way to know that you can rock those inferences no matter what game it is. Even if it seems mindless, you're still drilling those inferences in whether you can feel it or not.

Happy practicing!

• shinxxxxxshinxxxxx Member
    33 karma

I think that's a bit much. I only do a game until I can go -0 and finish within the target time. If that takes ten+ times, it's okay. You also don't have to drill in a row imo. Mix it up! Just be sure to go back to the ones you messed up eventually.

• HopefullyHLSHopefullyHLS Member
    445 karma

The conditions which are independently sufficient to make you re-do a LG (as defined by J.Y.) are as follows:

1. You missed at least one question
    2. You did not finish it within the proposed time limit (7sage video or analytics).
    3. You do not feel 100% confident that you „own“ this game (means for at least one moment you were not sure how to proceed, had to brute-force although there was an obvious shortcut etc.)

In case at least one of those 3 conditions applies to you for a specific LG, you need to re-do that LG.

It may take you 2, 3, 5, 10, 20 times... J.Y.‘s statement about 10 clean copies was just a rough estimation, it might be the case that you need less (in fact, you will need less the more you improve in LG).

Personally, I foolproofed all games from PT 1-35, and foolproofed almost all games from the 8 timed PT I‘ve done so far. At the beginning it took me 4-5 copies for the very tough games, meanwhile 3 at most.

Though, I had started LSAT last year and practiced it sporadically over a few months, stopped for 1 year or so and started again in May this year, determined to go absolutely seriously about it ;) So, it might be because I‘ve already been kind of familiar with the general LG-mindset...