Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Burnout and Logic Games

xo_f4iryxo_f4iry Member
edited July 2021 in Logic Games 85 karma

Hi! I study 6 days a week, Saturday through Thursday. I take Fridays off, and PT every Saturday. With about 70 days left until the October exam, it's crunch time for me. I definitely look forward to my Fridays off, and it's helped me not burnout but I'm wondering if it's ok to study on Friday for Logic Games only. Does anyone do a few Logic Games every day??

I just don't want to burnout...because I get bad test anxiety sometimes I blank out/can't focus on reading through the dense stimulus on LR. But Logic Games, is something I don't want to forget also. Hope I'm making some sense. It's 1:13 am right now for me. Thanks~~

Comments

• 83 karma

My study pace is basically the same as yours, which is 6 days on and 1 day off.

During the day off, I usually avoid studying LR and RC completely and spend about 30-40 minutes foolproofing games because I feel like doing games is not that exhausting compared with learning LR and RC. But this is probably due to the fact that English is not my first language and studying wordy sections is mentally more challenging for me.

Therefore, at the end of the day it depends on whether studying LG is hard for you. I think studying 6 days in a row is enough for you to improve your skill, assuming that you have been studying efficiently. Since you decide to do at least some studying during your "relax day" to keep yourself familiar with it while avoiding burnout, I would suggest make it the part you find the most easy to tackle with. If LG is your comfort zone, then do it. But if you find doing LG is exhausting, I think you should avoid it during that day because adding this burden won't necessarily improve your skill. It could only add up the chance of burning yourself out.

• xo_f4iryxo_f4iry Member
    85 karma

Thank you!! That was really helpful.