Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOR's for Older Students?

Does anyone have any insight into what types of LOR's would be most beneficial for those of us who have been out of undergrad for a long time (10 years)? A recommendation from a former professor feels very irrelevant at this point. I'm planning on asking for letters from a few lawyers, a former employer, and the CEO of the non-profit I work with. Wondering, for those schools that only accept 1-2 letters, which might be most impactful.

Who'd be the best recommender?
  1. Lawyer3 votes
    1. Boss
      100.00%
    2. Non-profit CEO
        0.00%

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8460 karma

Whichever can write the stronger, more meaningful letter. Potentially one that will let you see the letter and suggest edits, or at least be open to your suggestions.

• lethal_baconlethal_bacon Member
    107 karma

I definitely agree with @canihazJD here. It all comes down to who can write the best letter for you specifically. I personally take that to mean the professionals I work most closely with, who know me best, and who are consistently judging or assessing my work and capabilities (and who are complimentary of them of course). Hope that helps and the best of luck :)