Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June 2015 Waiters

13»

Comments

• littlesnickerslittlesnickers Member Inactive Sage
    edited July 2015 271 karma
    a) 151 (completely cold four years ago, but 160 when I started studying in January)
    b) 174
    c) 172

Good luck to you all!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Good job and good luck to everyone!!
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    well done
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    I improved by a point!.....but will be retaking for a 3rd time Oct.
  • JessabelleJessabelle Alum Member
    34 karma
    I got my average PT score even though I did way better on RC than my normal. Retaking in October also.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @sockstcat da MAN right now
    271 karma
    @nicole.hopkins lol thanks! I feel like a celebrity tweeted at me. That's the kind of power you have around here
    271 karma
    @Jessabelle I did unusually well on RC too. It's my worst section. Unfortunately I made up for it with LG haha. Good job getting your PT average and good luck in October!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @sockstcat HAH. This is what I really look like:

• PetrichorPetrichor Alum Member
    359 karma
    169...missed my goal by one point and not too happy right now. first cold was was 152 and averaging 168.8 on last 5 PTs leading up to this. debating retake...
  • Student76Student76 Alum Member
    324 karma
    Feb 2015
    A)158
    B)160
    C) 155

June...
    B)167
    C)168

There is something so pretty about a number that starts with 17_ but I will happily take my 13 pt increase.

Thank you @"J.Y. Ping" you actually made this journey enjoyable.

• JudyyyyyJudyyyyy Alum Member
    136 karma
    Where can I find the answers to the test?? I can't find it :(
  • smalone313smalone313 Alum Member
    28 karma
    Not where I want to be yet. Having taken the exam overseas, I am really frustrated that I don't get to see a breakdown of what went wrong. I just wish there was a way to understand which section brought me down this time. Any suggestions from people who took the exam abroad?

Retaking in October.
  • Student76Student76 Alum Member
    324 karma
    @smalone313 I also took an undisclosed test in February. I scored far below what I was expecting and I still don't know what went wrong. I think in hindsight, it was better that way. I did not obsessively analyze my weaknesses, I just started over and focused on the test as a whole. I think if I knew what I missed in February I would have missed some growing opportunities in every section because I would have only worked on what I was missing. My the difference of my score in June and my score in February was the equivalent of getting every answer on an entire section wrong... Which I probably did. But I had never scored as high on a single prep before February as I did in June. Even if I had not mismarked some or all of a section, (which I'm fairly sure must have happened) I would not have scored what I received today but I would have accepted the score that I was averaging at the time. The extra few months was everything. I improved my average by 8 points. The hardest part for me (and maybe you will experience too) is moving forward with that last score in my mind. When I would score well on a prep test I would think, "yeah but I had done that before and I still messed up when it mattered." I carried a little of that anxiety with me into this test and during the wait. My advice would be to let it go, you now have actual test center experience, which is so important. You know what to expect next time. And, appreciate that you don't know what went wrong. This is your chance to improve in places you wouldn't have worked on otherwise. Good luck over the next few months!
  • catchpassangcatchpassang Alum Member
    3 karma
    the wait is oveeeeeeeeeeeeeeerr!! june 2015 scores out. check your email.
  • hrjones44hrjones44 Alum Member
    323 karma
    A) 142 four years ago cold, 144 diag in Nov
    B)158 average before june exam
    C) 153 my June score where i bombed reading comp...

I have one more retake in October so we will see what happens.. i'm dissappointed but i would've been thrilled with that score a while ago, and i scored a 148 in february and wasn't ready for it either, but this time i felt like i was "ready" and my best section, RC, i bombed.... sucks pretty hard but that's a decent increase i guess.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    @Judyyyyy for the screen with the PDF's it should be the first PDF file, should have all the answers u picked with the CR next to it
  • smalone313smalone313 Alum Member
    28 karma
    @Student76 Thank you so much for your response...I really needed that. Time to get to work for October!