Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conflicted about Score?

Matthew19941Matthew19941 Core Member
edited September 2021 in General 102 karma

Hi everyone. I just got my score today which was a 154. I had been hoping for around a 155 to 160. Would anyone say that a 154 is a good score? It's at the 55th percentile.

I'm not trying to go to a top 20 law school. My target school is a top 50 school ranked in the 40's though my score is below the 25th percentile. According to the 7sage law school predictor tool I have a 54 percent chance of getting in since I'd do the early admissions decision. Would you guys suggest I give applying a shot or should I retake for a higher score in November?

Can you apply to a school and later retake the LSAT if you are rejected to a law school? If that's the case perhaps I could apply and if rejected, apply again next year.

Comments

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

That really depends: can you afford to pay for school? Given the uptick in all the medians after last cycle (this is not reflected in the prediction tool, as the new medians are not all in yet), you might be able to get in, but if you are below the 25th, depending where your GPA falls, you will likely be paying sticker price. On the other hand, if you wait and apply with a better score, you may very well get in AND get some scholarship money as well, or at least give yourself a better shot at admission.

You do have the option of applying ED, and if you are registered for a future LSAT (depending on the school, the last one they take could be either Oct or Nov), they will flag your application and review when your new score is reported and app complete.

One potential plus in applying this cycle is that after last year, many schools may hold off on some of their decisions till later when they have a better sense of the applicant pool.
    You always want to apply with your strongest possible application. I would definitely study hard (but don't burn out), and try to get your score up as much as possible before applying.