Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some positivity for the June Waiters

visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
in General 326 karma
Everyone seems pretty negative about the June LSAT so I figure I'll bring some positivity as we wait. To be honest I have no idea how I did but I don't feel like I bombed it, then again I'm not looking at a 170-180 so I have more leeway in terms of "bombing".

I went in feeling a little pressure but not much since even if I can't get in to school I already have a job lined up and a pretty good software engineer career to fall back on. I studied for a few months and my PT's ranged from 152 (initial) to 169 (PT 69, before the damn 70's..). I figure I have a good chance of at least getting a high 150 which is fine to get in where I want to go. Of course you're thinking thats super low and yes it is but I have to say I wasn't stressed during the test. I finished every section except the games section before the 5 minute warning. The games I finished a few minutes early. I don't think I got everything correct but I didn't just guess so I feel like my timing definitely was good, I might have thought the wrong things or made bad inferences but I definitely felt like if I had practiced a bit more I had more than enough time to do it right. So thats a win.

I'd also like to thank the kid who kept muttering "The tension in the air" before the test. That made me bust out laughing and I couldn't stop thinking about it during the test which just put me at ease. The proctors kept looking at me because I was smiling and silently chuckling to myself the whole test, especially when I noticed someone frustrated. No matter how bad I did I feel like I handled the pressure well so thats another win.

Anyway, as I await the score I can't help but to feel good about how well I did yesterday, regardless of score.

Comments

• Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
    578 karma
    I think you nailed it, bud. Not being under that pressure to hit 170 is probably what let you attack the test calmly and confidently. I was able to achieve my usual aggressive confidence all the way up until.. you know.. THAT section.. that's when I lost it. The first thing that tripped me up just totally blew my confidence and they had me for the rest of the test. But that's an interesting tip about the humor before the test that helped you relax. Maybe I'll watch clips of hippos farting or something next time before I walk in :-)