Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When should you cancel your score?

catbellycatbelly Core Member
in General 198 karma

How many points below your target score should you cancel your score, and should you even cancel your score? Does a canceled score look suspicious?

Comments

• csharm002csharm002 Member
    352 karma

Honestly, unless you're somewhere in the 30s or 40s and it wasn't anywhere near your PT average, I really don't see the point in canceling a score. 150+ gets you IN a law school, even if it isn't the best, so why trash the score? I always thought keeping a lower score may play to your advantage. Best case scenario, you improve immensely from that test and it shows growth and perseverance. Sure, you may have to write an addendum explaining the jump, but three sentences explaining test anxiety and a new motivation to study harder takes barely 5 minutes. Worst case scenario, you bomb the next test, but you STILL have something to fall back on. You also could go to a school that isn't the best, work your ass off, then transfer. This is just my opinion, but don't cancel unless it can't get you into an accredited school.