Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2/4 Logic Games

danielletdysondanielletdyson Core Member

Any recommendations for moving more quickly on LG? I can only seem to get through 2/4 in the 35 mins.

Comments

• dicino63dicino63 Core Member
    142 karma

Work on the easier game types (like one line sequencing). It's important to get through these game types quicker to leave more time for the harder games. I also find that it's helpful to start doing LG untimed (giving yourself as much time is needed to finish all four games), and then get your time down to 35 minutes before doing them timed. LG becomes very repetitive, so this won't take very much time at all, assuming you're foolproofing every game.
    Another tip I've seen is to take more time upfront in every game to make inferences, though I only do this if I notice that there is an extremely limiting rule (like box rules in sequencing). My PT average is 171, so LG comes easily to me after nearly a year of studying. You got this!

• galacticgalactic Yearly Member
    edited September 2021 690 karma

Hey @danielletdyson I started out in the same spot and am now at 3/4 in the 35min. Volume is key to LG, it really is that simple. Drill games every day under time. Give yourself time and a half for each game and then slowly whittle it down as you get better. If a game gives you any problem, keep drilling it until you feel like you own it. In particular during practice, I emphasize the concept of splitting game boards. I think it's good to have a mastery of this so that when you're under time during a PT or actual test, you can confidently make the call to split or not split. Hope this helps!

• clear227clear227 Core Member
    350 karma

It depends on where you are in your process. Assuming you have already read about different game types and drilled them untimed, I definitely recommend focusing on the question types you are getting wrong (you can see this in your analytics tab). You can make problem sets based on those, and then review your setups with the videos/foolproof them.

For timing, skipping is essential. Like another poster said, spend more time on the "easy" games and leave the more difficult questions for later. The first game is usually the easiest game on the test. Logic games is the section that most rewards repetition, so make sure you are going over the games you aren't getting.

• ledkarlyledkarly Member
    483 karma

I also recommend looking at Khan Academy. When I first started studying, I wasted so much time trying to figure out how to set up the game. After reading Khan Academy it became so much clearer and I'm now -1/-2 on LG.

Also, PRACTICE, PRACTICE! Inferences are all relatively the same across all kinds of games, even with miscellaneous games. If you are good at the other ones, you will not freeze when you come across the weird games.

Most importantly, (and this is for all the sections) Stay calm. Remember that you are WAY more than capable of doing WELL on the test. Humans wrote the test and you are a human, so you can learn to do it! There is nothing inherently different between you and LSAT writers (I am aware, that this is a very flawed argument, lol, but seriously believe in yourself, you can truly achieve anything!). The whole test is learnable! YOU'VE GOT THIS!