Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

October 2021 LSAT: Asia timeslots

herrwulfherrwulf Member
in General 20 karma

Dear all,

Might anyone have advice on sitting for the October LSAT in Asia at a timeslot outside the timings offered?

The current timings take place from 11pm to 5.30am, which are probably the most unearthly hours to take a test.

I've contacted LSAC but they've asked me to reach out to ProctorU instead. Was thinking of asking them on Monday, but can anyone share their experiences and suggestions on what might be done?

Comments

• ELeeeeeeELeeeeee Member
    7 karma

Following!

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

I'm guessing it's like that because you're signing up late? That time frame seems a little short given 11pm is your "earliest" option.

I'm in Asia too, so i think in this case it was super important to be ready to sign up as soon as the sign up went live. It sucks that we're given such an awful window in Asia (and on a Thursday/Friday on top of that!!!). But that's when the proctors are working unfortunately and they don't seem to have people willing to work on a more logical time for people in Asia for some reason.

Definitely contact whoever you can to try and get your test moved. Try to have a specific time in mind when you do so. And if possible try to make it within the range of ~5am to 7pm EST.

If that doesn't work, you're just going have to figure out what time you're going to be as close to maximum brain power as possible and just take naps, drink caffeine, whatever it takes to jumpstart your brain at that time.

And if you have to take this test again in the future, be on top of signing up as soon as the sign up goes live!

1106 karma

As a person whose optimal brain hours are 9am~noon, it feels like a personal attack that 90% of my options were from dinner through the middle of the night

• herrwulfherrwulf Member
    edited September 2021 20 karma

Hi tahurrrr,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I think I did sign up a little late. It's my first time taking the test, and I wasn't aware that we would be notified about the login details in that way.

Have also contacted LSAC about the test times, and even the full range of options is extremely unfriendly to candidates.

It really does suck, wonder if there is an option to take the Flex at a physical location in Asia so it doesn't have to take place at these times. Might as well let international candidates take the test at the same time as US candidates if the time zone is like that?

Am going to contact them again to ask, sigh...

1106 karma

Yeah given the time frame for online testing, I'd definitely rather take it in person. I think it depends on where you live whether there's a possibility of in person testing. For me, i don't live in a major city, so I'd have to travel, book a hotel, etc. to take the test in person. If you go on the LSAC website, you should be able to search for where in person testing might be available

• Claudia_YangClaudia_Yang Core Member
    72 karma

Yes we should definitely give them a call. The earliest schedule that I can registered is 12:30am, which means I will finish the test at mid 2am. This is totally ridiculous!

• eileen_Kiaeileen_Kia Member
    9 karma

I'm in the same situation. It's not about registering late because the available testing window for the international test is from 4AM to 6:50 PM EST, which is late afternoon to super early in the morning for people in Asia no matter when they register. I just sent an email to LSAC, but I see from your experience that it probably wouldn't help. I'm also considering contacting ProctorU.

1106 karma

I wonder why they don't have proctors on this side of the world who can be up with us at reasonable test taking hours

• baguettebishbaguettebish Member
    33 karma

I'm taking the test from France and once I changed the time zone in my profile on ProctorU the slots were all reasonable times from France!! Maybe you are seeing the US times and those times are actually reasonable for you in Asia?

• Furaha. KFuraha. K Member
    15 karma

I just sent an e-mail to Proctor asking for additional timeslots around 7~9pm, because my earliest schedule is 1:50am. I am pretty sure I won't perform my best around 2am.