Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Send in app or wait for score

Hey everyone,

As you all know, applications for Fall '22 have opened in the beginning of September. I plan on taking my LSAT in November and sending in my applications once I receive the score. However, is it possible to send in the application without my LSAT score? If its possible, is this recommended? What do you guys think? Should I wait for my LSAT score before sending in my applications or go ahead and submit the applications now and my LSAT score will automatically be sent when I take it.

Ty all!

Comments

• JMPlaw19JMPlaw19 Member
    edited September 2021 144 karma

If you send it before the LSAT score comes in, most schools will wait until the score comes in to the review the app and not look at it until then so you dont gain anything

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

From what I understand, your CAS report won't be considered complete until there is an LSAT score and Writing Sample on file, therefore your application won't be considered complete until after your LSAT score has been completed and added to your CAS report by LSAC. You're not really gaining anything by submitting early in this sense.

I would recommend that you start and complete all other aspects of your applications (it seems like you've done this) but wait on hitting that submit button until your LSAT is in.

The only caveat to this would be if you have a GRE score that you plan on submitting. Some schools will accept your application with a GRE.