Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic Games Tips

jvick3366jvick3366 Core Member

I just feel like I'm at a wall with LGs, I've reviewed all the material, memorized the game types/boards, but whenever I do a timed section I always seem so miss an extra 3 or 4 questions and end up at -6 or -7 instead of -2 or -3, which is what I'm usually at when I take my time. A lot of my mistakes are just misreading part of the stimulus and then making a faulty assumption off of it. Any tips for keeping a level head?

Comments

• Get out of your own head. You are in the zone of "I did everything and it doesn't work." That is a dangerous place to be, because you can psychologically impede your progress. There is no reason to worry.
    You went over the material and memorized the content - that's a win!
    Now you need to foolproof. No need to do 10 times a game, but 4 at least and utilize the video explanations.
    At this stage, you want to do the game, review the explanations when you have trouble, re-do right away replicating the inferences/techniques from the video, re-do next day, and re-do a week later or as needed, until I can come kick you out of bed middle of the night and you can solve it under time.
    Think of the prep in 3 stages.
    1. You don't know how to do it - you are watching explanations to ingrain the correct methodology in your brain.
    2. You got the process down - now you are watching for the missed inferences and shortcuts that JY is giving you - the "high-level" techniques.
    3. You are solving the game and looking for shortcuts and high-level approaches that the explanations are missing. Now you are a master of the subject matter.

This will be a grind, but it will inevitably result in -0, depending on how much work you put into it (and if that's your goal).

• jvick3366jvick3366 Core Member
    7 karma

Thank you this is fantastic advice! I have been doing multiple different sections each day and I have not really gone back and done the same sections over, I see from your advice this isn't the right thing to do. I will return to my previous sections and follow your pointers. Thank you.