Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Score drop in the 80's? Am I doomed for OCT?

in General 140 karma

I was PT'ing in the high 50's and as soon as I got to the 80's I dropped to 153 consistently from PT 80-83. When I BR i'm in the high 150's. Is this indicative of how I'll do on the actual test? I'm testing this month and I feel like I'm doomed. I can't tell if I'm burning out, but i'm getting frustrated at seeing these scores and makes me feel like my hard work is back tracking. I planned to study until tuesday or wednesday my test is next saturday but now I'm not sure. Any advice?

I goal is honestly to be above 155 but close to 160/ 160 itself.

Comments

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

It's common for people to drop off in the 80s PTs because the language in LR changes a bit. If you review your tests really well, you'll get used to it

• jknarf513jknarf513 Member
    189 karma

Hi! My score dipped a bit a few weeks ago when I dove into the 80s, since test week was getting closer. I don't think the 80s are "harder"-- everyone has different strengths and weaknesses when it comes to the test. But they are different from the 50s and 60s. Particularly, I find the language is less straightforward. So just try to familiarize yourself with the rhythm and the subtleties of this as much as possible before test day. And be sure to end your studying on a positive note so that you're walking into test day in the best possible headspace. You've got this!