Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ad Hoc Use of Analytics

xqr1s4f3edxqr1s4f3ed Alum Member
in General 118 karma
Both 7Sage and LSAT Trainer cherry pick individual questions to correspond to particular lessons, which is a good thing. I keep meticulous records of all those questions in an Excel spreadsheet (conditionally formatted to mark any I missed). That way, after I finished my core study, and begin to PT, I will know what tests are truly untouched.

My question: will it throw off my 7Sage analytics to input those scattered individual questions to identify my problem areas? Are the algorithms designed for whole PTs only? I don't want to do it if it will obscure my PT improvement.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    As far as I know it would only work for whole PTs because if you weren't filling in every answer for a given PT since you only drilled certain questions, then all the blank ones should be counted wrong.

However if you have a spreadsheet for these questions already then I don't see why you would need this since, for example, you could just have a column with the LR question type (e.g.- MSS, MP, PF, etc.) and then either sort by question type or sort by whether you got it correct or not. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure you could sort by wrong answers and then sort those by question type. Plus, if you're drilling individual question types you should know how well you are doing in particular areas already, and 7Sage's analytics will help to reinforce that during PTs.