Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So long, 7Sage (158 diag -> 170 feb 2021 -> 178 oct 2021)

It seems as though my time here has officially come to an end. I've spent a lot of time with this test and on this website, and in a sad, mildly sadistic way, I think I'll miss them both. That said, I'm looking forward to enjoying my newfound free time and not dreaming in logic games anymore.

I'll spare you all a lengthy post containing my half-baked LSAT wisdom and will just invite you to PM me if you have questions or would appreciate some of the aforementioned semi-reliable guidance (I can also answer some questions in this thread if y'all have any). Thank you all for your discussion posts, answer explanations, and shared commiseration. The LSAT journey was an arduous one and I know my misery loved your company.

Best of luck to those who will soldier forth in their battle against the test, and a heartfelt congratulations to those who are also bidding a final goodbye to the LSAT.

Comments

• Determined_-1Determined_-1 Member
    919 karma

Congratulations!!!!!!

What do you think helped you break into the 160s consistently?

• TayyabaRTayyabaR Member
    19 karma

I’m stuck at 158-160 and will be taking it in November

Any advice on how I can improve my score?
    I miss around 25-30 questions and want to cut that by 10 if possible.

• @Determined_ said:
    Congratulations!!!!!!

What do you think helped you break into the 160s consistently?

Thanks so much! I think learning how to skip helped me out quite a bit. When I was scoring ~160s, I knew there were a handful of questions in every section that I would likely miss no matter how much time I spent of them. Try to give yourself as much time as possible to solve the questions that you know you stand a good chance to answer correctly.

I also struggled with LG early on, so I saw a good point increase after consistently drilling games. The foolproof method is undefeated- just seeing tons of games and learning to do them faster than your target time will inevitably improve your LG score. Just be wise with your LG prep- simply going through the motions of a game won't provide the same benefit as developing a solid understanding of why a certain inference is true. Once you really have a handle on a game's rules and the inferences they produce, you'll have an easier time transferring those inferences to other games.

I would also prioritize getting super sound with your fundamentals with RC and LR. Having a second-nature type grasp of argument forms and logic will help you understand arguments more quickly and will allow you to spend more time combing through the ACs. Every LR and RC section features several bread and butter questions that you can get right automatically once you nail down the basics.

• chatlaws-1chatlaws-1 Member
    69 karma

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a question: When did you take your diagnostic?

• @TayyabaR said:
    I’m stuck at 158-160 and will be taking it in November

Any advice on how I can improve my score?
    I miss around 25-30 questions and want to cut that by 10 if possible.

I'd offer you the same advice I did @Determined_ . If you want to give me a more detailed breakdown of your section scores/study strats, PM and I can go into more detail!

• Determined_-1Determined_-1 Member
    919 karma

That's awesome!! Thanks for your detailed response :)

This is random, but after you read a LR stimulus, would you summarize it in your mind? I feel like I keep a lot of info in my head and it gets overwhelming when I am trying to weaken or strengthen the argument.

• @chatlaws said:
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a question: When did you take your diagnostic?

Thank you thank you!! I took it June 2020, so I really studied for a while. I knew I couldn't study for more than 3 hrs a day (between a summer internship and school) so I took the low volume + long timeline approach to prep.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Congratulations @"sui.generis.logicae"

• Thank you Juliet!

• johndhofmannjohndhofmann Member
    18 karma

That is a fantastic achievement! Congratulations! Best of luck in your journey.

• ovidovid Member
    89 karma

At a similar diagnostic and hoping to make a similar jump, congrats! Your advice re: skipping is something I've recently determined for myself, and it really does help with time on sections. I just need to get LG down to -0 and keep drilling it...