Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG Timing

Hi guys, how did you work on your timing for LG? I have been practicing and I can get 3 done in 25 minutes :( any tips???

Comments

• boeunlee39boeunlee39 Member
    33 karma

Quite frankly I think the best is to do games individually with the timer on. I noticed that my time spent on the games during PT was shorter and was able to finish on time; but sometimes If I am not mindful of the timer, I forget to skip the hard games/questions and I end up wasting on a lot of time on questions I would not have gotten right in the first place. For me it is knowing when to skip over and get the "easier" questions correct than waste time and lose the opportunity to gain more points.

But sometimes during those individual games, if I am in the groove and can get the questions right if I just spend a little more time on, I would extend the timer just so I don't lose the momentum. The most important part of games is knowing the foundation and basics. I also try my best not to rush the learning process of any games I got wrong just because I know there will be similar games on Test Day.

I hope this helps

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

Been Foolproofing 1-35 games recently. I do every game timed, BR, watch video, repeat game until I own it. I think doing them individually timed until you’re more familiar with games is smart. Do sections of games timed after you’re more familiar

• Jerry GarciaJerry Garcia Member
    34 karma

You likely aren't making the required inferences fast enough. Focus on foolproofing games you go over time on so that you can recognize the cookie-cutter inferences.

Also, try to do a game or two throughout the day when you're slightly distracted or tired. That's a good test of intuition and how deeply you've internalized the recurring inferences. Do a game when your morning coffee's brewing, when your dinner is in the oven, when you're on the bus.