Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7Sage LR again or try out the Loophole book? January LSAT goal

bekabewley-1bekabewley-1 Core Member

Hi all

I worked through the 7sage curriculum and saw a pretty huge score increase (143 diagnostic up to a high of 159, averaging high 150's now). Logical Reasoning is definitely my 'weak' point, especially factoring in there being two LR sections. I want to leave time to just do practice tests leading up to the exam. My question is, having done the LR portion of the curriculum in the summer, and starting out completely unfamiliar with the test, should I just go through the 7sage LR lessons again, or should I try out the Loophole? I really only have time for one.

Comments

• Jordan JohnsonJordan Johnson Member
    686 karma

@bekabewley-1 I've used multiple study sources (including The Loophole) and I've learnt something new from each of them. A fresh take on LR might be more beneficial if you can only choose one option.

Also, you'll only be scored on one LR section on the actual test (the experimental section can be any one of the three categories), so hopefully that puts you a bit at ease!

Good luck!

• qwertyuiop-1-1-1qwertyuiop-1-1-1 Live Member
    111 karma

Some of the strategies by question type a pretty different, but I've been going through the Loophole book now, comparing with what I learned from the 7Sage CC, and picking which method by question type has been working super well for me (e.g. "controversy" questions in Loophole)!

• Having done both, if you are feeling stuck in LR on 7Sage definitely try Loophole. It is a very engaging book with a tone somewhat similar to JY's videos. It really does change the way you think about an attack questions. That said, for Loophole's magic to work you HAVE to do all the drills and practices she says and use her method every time you read an LR stimulus. It's the only way for it to become second nature. Good luck!

• 13 karma

I rate Loophole above all other LR, but I do think the best combination is Loophole + 7sage LR CC + Mike Kim's LSAT Trainer LR. I also read Powerscore which has good tidbits. It's the same section, same concepts, but different attempts to explain the same thing. Which is good, because I've learned LR much better that way.

I also advise that you use a software flashcard program like Anki or Remnote. Super great way to consolidate and memorize all the information. Active recall/space repetition is still possible for an exam like LSAT.

• lrosekap70lrosekap70 Member
    42 karma

I think it depends what type of learner you are. The Loophole for me was full of distracting fluff language and all of the meticulous worksheet-style that in the end made me over think things so much my LR scores started to drop. It made me think of everything so much like equations that I temporarily forgot good old common sense.