Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How bad is it if your score drops?

My conundrum: I took the November LSAT yesterday and I was sick all day, including during the test. My brain was foggy and I blundered a logic game, which is usually my strongest section. Right now, I am weighing different probabilities. I estimate that i got between a -9 and a -15. If I got the -9 then my score will almost certainly go up, if I got the -15 it will go down, and if it is somewhere in the middle then it is a toss-up whether my score will go up or down. I care about my score going up because I really want a scholarship to target schools. However, if dropping would look bad enough that I may not be admitted at all, then I would prefer to cancel the score and keep a 168. Any thoughts?

Comments

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

I would say that the benefit from possibly getting a higher score outweighs whatever negative might come from a potential dip. If you didn't get a better score, just write an addendum stating that you were sick. Although they can see all your scores, they will only count the highest.

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1306 karma

A small score drop is unlikely to hurt you unless you are targeting schools that are already a big reach for you.

One thing that might help you decide: a -9 is at best a 170, but more likely to be a 168-169. That gives you a much higher chance of your score going down than up, assuming your count is correct.

No matter what you decide, good luck! We are rooting for you!!!