Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7Sage Syllabus

elizabeth18elizabeth18 Core Member
in General 70 karma

What is the best way to approach the 7sage study plan? Often times it asks for like 30hrs a weeks of studying and as a full time student, I can't commit to that. My plan is to take the June 2022 LSAT, so I would like to get through the entire plan if needed/possible.

Comments

• Depends on where you are in your studies. If you have not prepped before, I would recommend going in order. If this is not your first time with you could pick and choose based on your needs.

Either way, the estimated study times are just a guideline. It includes 12h for each prep test taken and review. In the beginning it may take you longer, in a few months it will be much less. Also, a big factor is how quickly you are retaining the concepts - some you may breeze through and some you may need to repeat multiple times.

Lastly, it depends on the speed you watch videos at. For me, 2x works best, so if it works for you, why not?

• elizabeth18elizabeth18 Core Member
    70 karma

@LawyeringForLife said:
    Depends on where you are in your studies. If you have not prepped before, I would recommend going in order. If this is not your first time with you could pick and choose based on your needs.

Either way, the estimated study times are just a guideline. It includes 12h for each prep test taken and review. In the beginning it may take you longer, in a few months it will be much less. Also, a big factor is how quickly you are retaining the concepts - some you may breeze through and some you may need to repeat multiple times.

Lastly, it depends on the speed you watch videos at. For me, 2x works best, so if it works for you, why not?

This was helpful, thank you!

• phosita_phoeatahphosita_phoeatah Yearly Member
    edited November 2021 238 karma

There's actually an option for setting a customized # of hours/week, except it's grayed-out, and one gets the impression that it couldn't be changed (though in fact, it can be adjusted).

If you go to https://7sage.com/study-schedule/
    right above the blue button reading "Make Custom Schedule" is a sub-heading reading "Study rate:", followed by a grayed-out text box. You have to click on the sub-heading "Study rate:" first before being allowed to enter a custom value into the text box, but once active, just enter the actual # of hours, and presto.

@studentservice this particular issue of website presentation (re: the grayed-out option) ought to be improved, as it's confusing

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @elizabeth18,

Our Study Schedule is based on the dates you would like your LSAT studies to start at and how many hours per week you would like to work. For example, if you would like your Study Schedule to start on Nov 29, 2021, and you would like to study for 20 hours per week, the Study Schedule will generate the amount of time it will take you to work through the entire Syllabus at 20 hours per week. See the GIF below:

If you enter a start and end date, the Study Schedule will generate the number of hours it will take you to work through the entire Syllabus within that timeframe, including taking PrepTests, Blind Reviewing, and watching explanation videos.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@phosita_phoeatah said:
    There's actually an option for setting a customized # of hours/week, except it's grayed-out, and one gets the impression that it couldn't be changed (though in fact, it can be adjusted).

If you go to https://7sage.com/study-schedule/
    right above the blue button reading "Make Custom Schedule" is a sub-heading reading "Study rate:", followed by a grayed-out text box. You have to click on the sub-heading "Study rate:" first before being allowed to enter a custom value into the text box, but once active, just enter the actual # of hours, and presto.

@studentservice this particular issue of website presentation (re: the grayed-out option) ought to be improved, as it's confusing

Hi there,

Sorry for the confusion. I have taken note of your feedback, and I will pass it on to my team.

In the meantime, let us know if you have any questions.

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

I would go through all of the sections in order and all of the lessons, however don't feel like you need to complete every single problem set - this is where all of the hours start to add up.

• elizabeth18elizabeth18 Core Member
    70 karma

Wow thank you everyone! This advice is very helpful!

• noahwastakennoahwastaken Member
    27 karma

@elizabeth18 said:
    Wow thank you everyone! This advice is very helpful!

Figure out what pace works best for you! I found the course work and the problem sets helped me a lot and then I jumped around a lot on the prep tests and just took as many as I could within the 5 months I had studying. Good luck!