Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retaking the LSAT in January or February 2022?

redsoxrockerredsoxrocker Core Member
in General 25 karma

Hey everyone. I am planning to retake the lsat in January or February 2022 with the hopes of getting a 170 or above. I first took the LSAT in October 2020 and got a 165. I applied to T-14/20 schools and didn't get in to where I wanted, so I decided to delay my law school plans. I have now decided to reapply to law schools in the Fall of 2022 and want to get the highest score possible.

I have been studying now for about a month and am about at a 160 as I try to get reaccumulated with this test. LG is by far my easiest with not missing more than 2. LR and RC are equally hard. I have been blind reviewing around 80% for LR in the last week. The timing is still a killer for me. Any suggests on if I should push the test back till February to give me more time? I know I have the time but would love to get this horrible test over with asap. Thanks!!

Comments

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1312 karma

More time is always better when you are trying to raise your score. It's hard to believe, but the January exam is less than 7 weeks away! Adding an extra month gives you a much better chance of achieving your goal score, and since you aren't applying this cycle you can afford to wait!

That said, the most important thing is how you are studying. You need a plan that will help you tackle your timing issues without sacrificing too much accuracy if you are going to hit 170. A study regimen that mimics the real test will help. Identifying where you are losing time will help even more!

Let me know if I can be of assistance!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

It doesn't sound like the delay is going to really disrupt any current application plans, so I think delaying your test is an easy call.

If you're at the -5 range for BR on LR and RC, you've got a long ways to go before you're cracking the 170's with any consistency under timed conditions. You've really got to get that BR score up. The BR is your theoretical best, so that just has to be above your target score. For a 170, I'd want to see BR scores consistently over 175. Focus your studies towards that first. Once you've got that down, then start working on time management strategy to close the gap.

That's a lot of work, but it's all necessary if you're serious about reaching the 170's.