Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Approach to Improving Hardest Questions

Hey everyone,

I am having some difficulty with the five star questions in logical reasoning sections. Often times, these are the only questions that I get wrong on a section. On one hand I suppose it’s good that I’m getting the 1 to 4 star questions consistently correct, however, I’m getting pretty irritated haha

The question types are across-the-board. There aren’t really any specific questions that I do worse or better on when it comes to five star questions.

What is your preferred method for improving this?

Thanks!

Comments

• ConstantineConstantine Member
    edited January 2022 1329 karma

:)

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited December 2021 1338 karma

The key to improving any section - but especially LR - is to determine why you are missing the questions you are missing.

Assuming that time isn't a factor (i.e. you are getting these questions wrong on BR as well), chances are you are getting caught in "trap" answers that the LSAT authors have set for you. These traps are typically what separates "5 star" questions from those of lower difficulty.

One technique I use with my clients is to have them write out a short wrong answer journal in which they answer two questions for each problem they miss on the test:

1) Why is the correct answer correct?
    2) What about the wrong answer fooled me?

2 is the key question that will help you recognize what traps you tend to fall for. Once you've identified them, you can learn to recognize them in real time and avoid them!