Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LGs From Hell

Has anyone blown a whole study day fool proofing one LG? Disheartening, especially because I've been at this for a couple of years.

Comments

• 2018112-1-12018112-1-1 Member
    19 karma

Heyyy I have hard time going through the RC and I feel for you. I think everyone has their own section that distresses them.
    I know it could be hard and sometimes you might question yourself if you will be able to make it work, but you can do this!!
    It can be frustrating watching others scoring higher with seemingly less time you put into or when you expect higher scores yet get the same scores all the time, but it is all being accumulated even if you can't see the instant result.
    Treat yourself with a nice meal tomorrow and pull yourself together!!
    I wish you best luck :)

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

I’ve spent whole days on a single LR question, lol. A lot of that was inefficiency—not understanding exactly what I was even supposed to be doing—but sometimes it’s just arduous, time consuming work. Review is figuring out things you don’t understand. The most important part of this is usually identifying things you don’t even realize you don’t understand. So don’t just look for the solution to the game. Look to understand what exactly makes it so difficult. Then explore strategies for reducing the difficulty. The infamous Dinosaur game is a great example. I probably spent a day on it first time I saw it. Didn’t really crack it open at that time. I didn’t see “it.” The second time I saw it though, I realized what was making it hard for me. I represented that information a little differently and the whole game solved on four boards. I found a really elegant solution, but more importantly, I identified the challenge and learned how to recognize it on future games.

If you come away with an ID on some specific problem point, a nascent ability to recognize it in other contexts, and a solution for how to handle it, that’s a phenomenally good day’s work. One game or ten doesn’t matter as far as I’m concerned. Your objective isn’t to process material, it’s to identify problems and solutions.

• moonstars5678moonstars5678 Member
    166 karma

Out of curiosity, which LG game was it?

• hotranchsaucehotranchsauce Member
    288 karma

I've legit spent a whole day on a single LG. If you're starting out without many of the mental tools for LG then I think taking a long time for each game can be very beneficial. It was for me at least.

• lsat_suslsat_sus Core Member
    1417 karma

not sure which god I need to pray to to prevent a misc mf on the Jan LSAT but anyway bro I feel u

• Be_of_good_cheerBe_of_good_cheer Alum Member
    68 karma

Yes, Sadly I did this 2 days ago. Disheartening to say the least. In/Out games are proving to be my Achilles heal. I will try J.Y's foolproof method, but it's much slower going than I would like it to be just getting through the 7sage core curriculum. I haven't even scratched the surface on PTs yet.

• elesayteeelesaytee Member
    11 karma

Which logic game?