Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My first practice test was 148 and blind review was 162

Webby_SongdoWebby_Songdo Alum Member
in General 677 karma

Hi,
I have started the 7Sage Core Curriculum back in June and completed it at the end of December. It took me a while to finish the CC because I created a wrong answer journal for all LR and RC questions. Also, as JY has instructed, I practiced all LG questions in the CC until I can get every question correct with the given amount of time. I took the practice test #1 a week ago. My timed score came out as 148 and blind review score came out as 162. Here is the breakdown:

RC -6
LG -19
LR -9
LR -15

I definitely know that I can improve, but I am just wondering how everyone scored on their first timed test. Considering that I have scored 162 on the blind review, I strongly believe I can get the blind review score up until 175+.

Please share how your first practice test experience was.

Comments

• MybrainisjuicedMybrainisjuiced Core Member
    11 karma

I got a 151 diagnostic. I used Khan Academy when I did this test, and I did not do a blind review as they did not have the option to do this, but I could now as I never looked at the answers.

I could not finish the test in time, so I left many questions blank. It was rough and somewhat demoralizing! The time crunch is crazy. I think it's a good sign if your BR is higher, it means you get the concepts and have room to grow.

I will probably do a blind review for this test now, because your comment reminded me I could!

Diagnostic 151 / RC -6 / LR -9 / LG -13 / LR -15

• Webby_SongdoWebby_Songdo Alum Member
    677 karma

@nurydominguez said:
    I got a 151 diagnostic. I used Khan Academy when I did this test, and I did not do a blind review as they did not have the option to do this, but I could now as I never looked at the answers.

I could not finish the test in time, so I left many questions blank. It was rough and somewhat demoralizing! The time crunch is crazy. I think it's a good sign if your BR is higher, it means you get the concepts and have room to grow.

I will probably do a blind review for this test now, because your comment reminded me I could!

Diagnostic 151 / RC -6 / LR -9 / LG -13 / LR -15

Awesome. I guess we all are in a similar shoes. I was keep looking at the clock as I did my test timed but I think it is more efficient to just look at the question and try to solve it as quickly as possible without spending too much time on it. If I have to spend too much time on it, I believe it is a better win to just move on to the next question instead of keeping looking at the clock just to feel intimidated that the time is ticking.

• I second what @nurydominguez said. I did mine with Khan and got a 151, but felt awful after my first diagnostic test. I'd never seen a logic game before and was completely lost on that section. I don't have my diagnostic breakdown, but I wouldn't be surprised if I missed every question in the LG section. Thankfully, I found 7Sage and my last PT was a 167.

Really drilling down on logic games is going to be the easiest way to boost your score. Keep making yourself practice sets from older PTs and fool proofing them. I'm now getting between -5 to - 8 depending on the section and still feel I can improve. The more I've done games, the easier I've found it to see repetitions in inferences and consequences of rules from game to game.

The last thing that helped me with LR was coming up with a question to ask myself for each type of question stem to remind me of the best attack. For example, when I see a necessary assumption I ask myself "which answer choice is true and required, but not explicitly state?". Figure out what questions you struggle with, work out what you forget to consider, and make a quick question to ask about each AC to help eliminate options.

Good luck!

• skiman2020skiman2020 Member
    145 karma

I took my diagnostic about a year and 3ish months ago and scored a 130 timed but I didnt know about blind review so I dont have a score for blind review, BUT took a PT about a week ago and scored a 160 timed. It's totally doable but it does require a lot of focus and motivation to sit down every day and teach yourself how to think differently in order to increase your score. I also second @"meredith.meissgeier" way to approach the test. Good luck!