Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

50 hours a week?!

Tangelo1Tangelo1 Core Member
in General 8 karma

So, starting January 17 to take the June test, requires over 50 hours a week of study. That's over 5 months, and the schedule requires 50 hours a week?! That can't be right. I can do 20-30 hours a week, so how do I adjust this in my schedule?

Comments

• catbellycatbelly Core Member
    198 karma

The schedule that they give you factors in every single practice set, estimates the amount of time it takes to read the articles, and how long each video is. Often, you can skip the articles because the videos already covered it. And you can also usually skip a lot of the practice sets (I usually do one easier one, one harder one). You should tailor the schedule to what works for you!!!

• c.hipmunkc.hipmunk Member
    17 karma

For a lot of the practice, if you're able to quickly and easily get the answer on your own, you don't have to listen to the explanation. And there are a lot of explanations factored in to those 50 hours a week

• HopefullyHLSHopefullyHLS Member
    edited January 2022 445 karma

It depends on the score you want.

To give you some perspective: I delayed the start date of my new job by 5 months in order to study full-time (= 8+ hours a day, incl. weekends, with a few breaks in-between) for LSAT, aiming for a 175+.

October LSAT didn‘t go well and I scored a 165, then continued studying regularly until my next LSAT exam in January (which was today), in parallel with my job.

There might be some very smart people out there who managed to get a 175+ with < 3 months of part-time study. I clearly don‘t belong to this category, thereby would advise you to take some time off from whatever you are doing and treat LSAT studies as a full-time job if you are aiming for a very high score.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @Tangelo1,

I am sorry for the confusion.

To clarify, the Study Schedule is based on the dates you would like your LSAT studies to start at and how many hours per week you would like to work. For example, if you would like your Study Schedule to start on January 17, 2022, and you would like to study for 20 hours per week, the Study Schedule will generate the amount of time it will take you to work through the entire Syllabus at 20 hours per week. See the example GIF below:

If you enter a start and end date, the Study Schedule will generate the number of hours it will take you to work through the entire Syllabus within that timeframe, including taking PrepTests, Blind Reviewing, and watching explanation videos.

Sorry again for the confusion. Please let me know if you have any further questions.