Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting on Behalf of a 7Sage User: How can I consistently improve until my test?

Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
edited January 2022 in General 848 karma

[I am posting on behalf of a 7Sage user. Please feel free to leave your comments below. Thank you for your help!]

I would like to get advices on how can I consistently improve until my test? I'm doing PT's more frequently now leading up to my test but ideally I need to score in the mid to high 150s. I blind review and watch the videos after too but my biggest problem is changing my thought process for LR.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1312 karma

The key to improving your score is accurately diagnosing why you are missing the questions you are missing! Sadly, there isn’t a ‘one-size-fits-all’ answer to this (that’s one of the benefits of a good tutor!), but here are some tips:

Taking PTs doesn’t improve your score
    PTs are best used as a diagnostic tools to determine where your weaknesses are and what score you are likely to make on test day. Think of it like sticking a thermometer in a roast - it’ll tell you how close the roast is to being done, but sticking the thermometer in more frequently won’t actually cook anything.

BR is your best indicator
    The single best tool to determine what you need to improve is BR. If your BR score is significantly higher than your actual, that indicates that timing is preventing you from reaching a higher score. You should then focus on figuring out where you can save time, employing strategies (like ‘Flag and Move On’) that make you more time-efficient and drilling to improve your speed.

In contrast, if your BR score is around the same as your actual, that suggests that you need to improve your fundamental understanding of the material. Reviewing the Core Curriculum, employing new strategies to address your weak question types, and digging deeper when reviewing missed problems should increase your accuracy.

When in doubt, foolproof LG
    Unless you consistently getting a -2 or less on LG, you should be foolproofing your LG error regularly. LG is the easiest and most reliable section to improve. Almost anyone can, with consistent practice, work down to a -0/-1 on this section. Anytime you wonder “What can I work on now?” you will almost certainly benefit from foolproofing LG!

Hope those tips help! If you’d like some more specific guidance or have more questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out!