Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting on Behalf of a 7Sage User: Considering taking recent tests as I near test day, thoughts?

Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
in General 1390 karma

[I am posting on behalf of a 7Sage user. Please feel free to leave your comments below. Thank you for your help!]

I can't use PTO at my new job til after March test so IDK if it's possible for me to do more than one full PT a week! Any advice on this particular situation? I am registered for March and April, considering breaking open the more recent tests as I near test day, thoughts?

Comments

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited February 2022 1306 karma

Here are my thoughts:

Multiple PTs a week It isn't unusual for our clients to take 2 PTs a week. However, make sure that you really have time to blind review and look over your errors! "Taking PTs" by itself does very little to improve your score; it is the reviewing your errors afterward that helps you get better! Only take PTs that you have time to review properly.

More recent tests as you approach test day This is a great idea! The more recent the preptest, the closer it is to the real thing you'll be taking in March/April. I always recommend that my clients start taking higher-numbered PTs as they approach their test date. One suggestion though - only take the even-numbered tests before your first LSAT. That way, if you ever need to retake, you'll still have some recent PTs that haven't been used (i.e. the odd numbered ones).

One last note As you get closer to test day (in the last 2 weeks or so), start easing off on the intensity of your study schedule. Go back to 1 PT a week, spend less time drilling, let your mind rest and reset. You don't want to get to test day exhausted and burnt out. You want to be fresh, rested and ready for a challenge!

Good luck! By the way, if you'd like some additional help, our tutoring program offers free consults! I'd be happy to talk about your progress and how we can support you! Schedule one here:

https://calendly.com/d/cmy-dvh-zdk/7sage-tutoring-free-consult

• edited January 2022 25 karma

Are you available for tutoring, I’d like to talk about the June exam.
    Jeff Cashdollar

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited February 2022 5740 karma

@jeffreycashdollar said:
    Are you available for tutoring, I’d like to talk about the June exam.
    Jeff Cashdollar

Hi Jeff,

We recommend that you do not to post your email or phone number publicly. Spam bots might pick up your email & number and you'll get spam. If you want to share contact info, you can use direct messaging.

However, I will pass your email and phone number on to Scott. You can also schedule a call with him here: https://calendly.com/d/cmy-dvh-zdk/7sage-tutoring-free-consult

You can see our Forum Guidelines here.