Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Half PT

1230_sunny1230_sunny Member
edited March 2022 in General 68 karma

Hi ! I'm aiming for April or June LSAT (I'm outside US)

I'm currently taking 4-5 PTs every week, and I'm done with the fundamentals.( But I'm still referring to basic materials to build stronger foundation)

1. Is 4-5 PTs a week too much or moderate?
    The reason why I'm taking 4-5 is not because I'm too tired, but I want to take enough time to review, and also don't want to get score back bay by day since I'm not around 170 for now.

2. Also, I'm taking 1-20 PTs as half PT on days I don't take a full pt. ( Some pts over 20 also doing this)
    Saving PT seems important since I counted remaining ones and I think I definitely need to save since I'll probably take the one after summer. Is half pt efficient?

Any advice is welcomed, besides those questions but things in general about pt schedule:)

Comments

• DMoneyyyDMoneyyy Member
    99 karma

4-5 PTs in a week is quite a lot.

While your mileage may vary (getting acquainted to the test with that method could help you), blind review/reviewing the results of your exam should take at least a day or two in my opinion.

If you aren't spending enough time in review, you're 1. burning through fresh testing material that you could find yourself needing down the road, and 2. not diving deep enough into review - which is where I'd argue most of your progress is made.

Good luck with your studies!

• ashahab1309ashahab1309 Member
    34 karma

I think anymore than 3 PTs can lead to severe burnout-- what are you currently PTing at? Unless it's 170s+ I think comprehensive review of each PT (e.g. blind review then go over all your mistakes by ruling out why the ones that are wrong are wrong, redoing LG, etc) is much more important than trying to squeeze as many PTs as possible! I'd recommend 3 PTs max with thorough review and then no more than 1-2 a couple weeks leading up to the exam to prevent burnout.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

WAY too many PT’s. Even when I was studying full time and beginning to break into the 170’s, I was struggling to keep up with trying to do two. If you’re doing that many, you’re not doing any meaningful BR or follow up or analysis. The PT itself isn't normally the main point of the PT. The PT allows you to make a ton of mistakes. The main process of taking PT's is studying those mistakes and going in depth to figure them out. This is how you take the lessons from one PT into the next. Otherwise you just keep making the same mistakes and scoring in the same range. Focus on learning and eliminating the errors resulting in missing points. It is far better to learn everything one PT has to offer than it is to take a dozen PT without adequate review. Do less, and get more out of it.

• 1230_sunny1230_sunny Member
    68 karma

Thanks for the advice! I thought I'm handling blind review thoroughly as well(reviewing wrong questions + looking back upon whole process of taking the exam), but I think I need to do it more thoroughly. Plus, looking through these comments, I realized that I have this obsessive mindset that I need to give myself no time to rest, just focus and do as "much" as possible... Thanks for the advice again!!